These days, customer service within a municipality is a juggling act'and everyone is watching. Citizens expect to communicate with local governments in a variety of ways including email, phone, website, facebook, twitter, and much more. Maintaining all these connections could take all your time, and then some. Luckily, there are some great tools out there that can help. In the past these tools were available only to large 311 centers. However, today cities and towns of all sizes can benefit. Here are a few ways you can save time and increase engagement now.
Self-serve information is a great resource for citizens and officials alike. Here a few examples of self-serve information that you should consider.
- Mobile-optimized, up to date website (ex: Greensboro, NC)
- Website widgets for service requests
- Online permitting and tax forms
- Online payments for common citizen needs
- Municipal Wiki / Knowledge Base
Let's face it, there are bound to be issues in your community: pothole, fallen branches, missed trash pickups'the list goes on. Our goal for effective municipal management is to collect these requests from citizens, elected officials and staff in a comprehensive and efficient manner. Of course, once we have collected these requests, we need to get them to the right department quickly. Here are a couple tools that can make this process a breeze.
- Mobile apps for citizen reporting
- Automatic request routing
- Request integration into existing work order systems
- Full featured, request management platform
This is just the beginning!
To learn more about how you can leverage citizen engagement and managing workflow, take a look at our website, or request a quick demo to see how other cities are using SeeClickFix.